Thursday, December 12News For London

Tag: poisoning

Is competitiveness going too far at Crufts?

Is competitiveness going too far at Crufts?

News, Opinion
Three year old Irish setter Jagger died 28 hours after competing in the Crufts show. Allegedly the dog ingested beef laced with poison. Reporter: Amie Filcher Sub-editor: Steff Humm Jagger’s owner, Dee Milligan-Bott claims he was poisoned "while on his bench" at the show. The Telegraph later reported that a total of six dogs were allegedly poisoned at the show. The Kennel Club, organisers of Crufts says they have received no official reports of the suspected six dogs claimed to have fallen sick whilst at Crufts. Furthermore, the dogs in question remain unnamed with unidentified owners and it is unclear whether they even attended the Crufts show. When asking for further comment, a representative of the Kennel club tells Westminster World online: “Only in one case where a dog was s